Friday, February 22, 2013

Middle School Triathlon 21 Feb 2013

Yesterday we had our middle school Triathlon. We all gathered nervously on the tennis courts to wait for the instructions.
The 6 years old teams went first. We really shone in room 9 and Regan (swim & run) and Seth(biker) came in first for the 6 year old team. 
7 year old teams - Gabbie (Swim) and Annie (bike & run) came 2nd.
7 year old girls, 1st Demi, 2nd Meg.
7 year old boys, 2nd Rylan.
8 year old teams -2nd was Harrison (swim), Fynn (run) and Ted (bike).
3rd was Sam (swim), Syardhana (bike) and Olivia (run).
8 year old girls, 1st Jaime
8 year old boys, 1st Ezra
Well done to all the children. It was a fun and tiring event. Thank you to the lovely seniors that stayed behind from swimming to help us and the wonderful parents that came along and helped mark the track out and show us what way to go. It was quite confusing as we all went at different times and sometimes we wondered if we were going the right way as others ran or biked towards us.


A recount from Demi;
"I felt nervous as I ran like a rocket to the pool. I dived in and did breast stroke and I was in front the whole time! Pulling myself out of the pool my legs felt like jelly as I started to run to my bike. Very quickly I put on my shoes and helmet. Jumping on my bike, it was hard to get my legs going. The bike ride whizzed by. I threw my bike to the ground and took off my helmet as I was running. I felt like I didn't have any legs while I was running. I was happy to hear the people cheering as I raced across the finish line 1st!".
                            Demi coming up to the finish line... Demi was 1st in the 7 year old girls.

                                                    Cameron nearing the end of his bike part.


Rylan (below) was nervous as he waited for his race.
" I tried to swim as fast as I could, jumping out of the pool my legs just started running to my bike. Slipping on my shoes and strapping on my helmet, I was lucky to have my Dad helping and he found my bike for me. The biking went by quickly, but my legs were tired when I started running... I just wanted to be finished. At last I could hear the cheering and see the finish line. I finished 2nd for the 7 year old boys and I was so proud of myself"


                                               The 8 year old girls take off heading to the pool.

                                     
                                         Bella nears the end of the biking. Now onto the running part!


                                      Jaime right out front for the 8 year old girls, finishing 1st.


                                   Mary feeling tired but pleased that the biking is nearly over.


                                Hamish showing perseverance as he nears the end of the triathlon.

2 comments:

Ms Wright said...

What a great effort everyone!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was so excited to be a part of your wonderful triatholon. (i gave encouragement from the bike area!) Everyone tried so hard and did so well... I saw lots of perseverance, dedication, encouragement from children watching and felt very proud of all of you. Pat your selves on the back... well done! Su