Tuesday, June 2, 2009

They're changing guards at Buckingham Palace!

Dear Room 9
Can you guess where we are? Yes we are in London. Yesterday we traveled by the very fast train to Paris and then to Lille. We then got on a much slower train to Calais. It was very exciting getting on the boat to cross the English Channel. It reminded me of the inter island ferry in NZ. Finally we saw the white cliffs of Dover. I left England when I was ten years old and this was the first time I had been back. London is HUGE. Can you find out how many people live there?
Interesting facts - 1.In Germany children start school at 7.30am and finish at 12.30pm. When they are 8 or 9 they also have two or three afternoons from 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
2. It is very hot here. I hope it is not too cold in Outram for you.
3. All over Europe the farm animals often live in huge barns and never go outside!
Love from Mrs Wright

1 comment:

rylee rm6 said...

Mrs Wight is so lucky . I haven't even been out of the south island.