Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hello, bonjour, hola

My very dear Room 9 friends, finally it is my turn to sit down at a computer. I am in an internet cafe near our apartment in Vinciennes which is a suburb of Paris. I am using a keyboard with a french layout of the letters so I am going very slowly. There are some interesting letters I could use such as è ç à € ù. Yesterday we climbed half way up the Eiffel Tower. My legs were like jelly when we got to the viewing platform but the view was superb. We travel everywhere in Paris by the underground Metro. I love the feeling of whizzing through the dark tunnels and then arriving at the next stop. Sometimes it is so so crowded that it feels like a tin of sardines. It is a huge huge city and we have to carry a map with us all the time. Tonight my son Nick arrives with his fiancè. We are going to meet them at one of the railway stations and then find our way back to Vinciennes being careful not to get lost. We got lost on our first trip from the apartment and it was very scary. We had had a lovely excursion but when we arrived back at our metro station we couldn't remember where to go and we didn't know our address. We had the key but there was no adress on it and noone could understand our french! SCARY SCARY! I was very pleased when we finally sat down in our apartment. Hopefully we won't get lost tonight. We are meeting them at 10.15pm and we haven't been on the metro at night so it could be interesting. On Saturday we take the TGV train to Spain. It is very very fast. Then we begin our 20 day tramp about 300km across the north of Spain. I am having an amazing adventure. Write a comment on this post and tell me how you are then I can reply to you. Take care. Look after Mrs. Cormack. Keep shining; xxx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs Wright! It is great to hear from you! Room 9 are being absolutely fabulous! They are working very very hard and taking extra special care of me! They cannot wait to send their comments to you! From Mrs Cormack

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs wright are you having a great time tramping I miss you so much have you been to spain yet mrs wright.Room9 miss you too.we saw your comment on the blog today love from ashleigh

Anonymous said...

dear mrs wright i hope you have a great trip . i hope you miss us.from tyler

Anonymous said...

dear mrs Wright I mist you very much we are at school at the momint by connor mackenzie

Mrs Wright said...

Hello Mrs Cormack, Ashleigh, Tyler and Connor
So good to hear from you. Yesterday we hired bicycles and rode around a huge wood called Bois de Viencennes in Paris. I LOVED it. Tomorrow we are going to Spain in the very very fast train which goes about 300km an hour. I will send you more postcards from Spain. Keep shining lovely friends

Anonymous said...

hi mrs wright how are you doing up there? i heard that you went to rome was it exiting? love from mika

Anonymous said...

How is Spain? I hope you have fun for the rest of your holiday. Have you been to the catacoons?
Love Jade Cottle

All about us said...

Dear Jade and Mika
Thank you for your kind comments xxx. Yes we loved Rome but we didn´t see the catacombs. We saw the catacombs, and the Sistine Chapel and the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain..... You could go on line of visit Mrs Steadman in the Allen Centre to find out about them. The Colosseum was a very horrible place when it was built. Hope you are well. Much love Mrs Wright xx

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having
lots of fun. It is warm where
you are. It is very cold here.
We even have snow on the mountains. From Emily

All about us said...

Dear Emily
Lovely to hear from you. Fancy you having snow on the hills. When we were walking on Sunday there was snow on the high hills but today it has been sunny. I passed a flock of sheep and they all had bells around their necks like the cows in Switzerland.Can you imagine that happening in NZ?
Keep warm
Love from Mrs Wright

mackenzie said...

Dear Mrs Wright I miss you! Are your blisters Okay Kayieigh has eaten a snail too.yesterday it was my mum's birthday.She had a chocolate cake.Love from Mackenzie