Sunday, May 17, 2009

School in Spain

In the north of Spain the children start school at 9.00am like we do, but at 1.00pm everyone goes home for lunch and a big rest called siesta. At 3.00pm everyone comes back to school until 5.00pm and then it is hometime. I´m glad Outram School doesn´t use this system. In the afternoon nearly all the shops and businesses are closed for siesta and then everything opens up again at 5.00pm or 6.00pm. Yesterday we arrived in Los Artos for the night feeling very tired and hungry but we had to wait until 6.00pm to do our shopping. When we go into the shops nobody understands us so I draw pictures. Many people have never heard of New Zealand! Can you imagine that! Take care Room 9.
Love from Mrs Wright

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Wright I hope you are having a wonderful time in Spain with some
company.Room 9 is missing you.We are still shining.My birthday is on Friday 26th of June and I will be 7. I am going to go to rally on my birthday. I really am missing you.I will see you at the end of the term Ill see the next poster .We are putting some smilie faces on Room 9s map by ISLa may edgecombe goood by.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs Wright.Spain sounds really funny when they have a sleep at lunch time but I hope you like visiting Spain. I really miss you but you will be back next term. I am nearly 7 on Friday 26th of June it is a rally night so I will go to rally. I hope you are having fun in Spain. I miss you lots and hope I you will come back soon.
From Isla may Edgecombe

All about us said...

Dear Isla
Really good to hear from you. I hope your birthday was great fun. We are now in London. Today I saw Buckingham Palace. I knew the Queen was there because her special flag was flying. I didn't see the Queen but I did see someone cleaning the windows!
See you soon
Love from Mrs Wright