Friday, May 15, 2009

We Are Very Hard Workers in Room 9!

This week we have started our inquiry unit which is based on animals, particularly those that live in the Arctic and Antarctic. We have been busy noting down what we know already about animals and where different animals come from. We have also been writing about Autumn and what we each like about it. 
We have also been very busy  training for our school cross country which is on the 27th May at the Rodeo grounds. We are all turning into super sand speedy runners, and certainly showing our values of perseverance and dedication!
Next week we will be able to show you our finished Autumn publishing. We are looking forward to furthering our knowledge in our inquiry and we are also going to turn into super poets!

4 comments:

Alex Parks said...

Hi Mrs Wright
Remember when you ate a snail? Do you know what I ate? And do you know what the answer is? A shark. We had shark at teatime tonight. I really liked it. Before I ate my dinner do you know what I said in my head? OK Everybody dig in. I also had orange jelly. What did you have for tea tonight? I have been trainning for the cross country final.
Love from Alex P

Mrs Wright said...

Dear Alex
Thank you for writing to me. I was very surprised that I was brave enough to eat a snail. I would much rather eat shark I think. Today I saw a dead snake on the track! I am glad it was dead. I also saw two storks standing in their nest. Their nests are HUGE. I wouldn´t want one at the top of my chimney! They make a very strange squawking sound. You might go online and find out about storks for me.
Love from Mrs Wright

emma deuchrass said...

i was in mrs wrights class last year!!!!!!


i MISS HER

Mrs Wright said...

Dear Emma
How lovely to hear from you. I am in a city called Logrono. We walked 30km through beautiful countryside this morning. The sun was shining the sky was blue and everywhere along the track there were wild flowers, especially bright red poppies. This evening I saw three storks sitting in huge nests on the top of a cathedral. And it is nearly my bed time and you will just be getting up. Have a lovely day Emma and I´ll have a good sleep!
love from Mrs Wright