Monday, May 18, 2009

Red squirrels, baby storks and cuckoos

Dear Room 9

We start walking every morning at about 6.30 when it is cool and there are not too many people on the track. This morning I saw a baby stork flap it´s wings and lean over to look down at me from it´s huge nest. I said, ¨Hola,¨ because it is a spanish stork. Further down the track two red squirrels darted across in front of us. They stopped to look at us and say, ¨Hola¨ and then darted away with their long tails stretched out behind them. Then I heard the cuckoos who call out to us every morning. It is never dull on the track. I am now in Najera and it is very very very hot. My blisters are better but my legs are very tired today!!
Take care
Mrs Wright

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs Wright,
Mum showed me on the internet what different cuckoos sound like. Some of the sounds were funny. She also showed me some stork pictures. How big are the nests that you see?
We are getting lots of rain, there was even some this morning.
From Emily

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Wright - sounds like you are having the most amazing holiday- it's great being able to read what you are up to - would love to swap places!- very cold & snowing here at the momoent - take care & enjoy!!!!!!

Alex Parks said...

Hi Mrs Wright
I am still missing you. You are coming back in 6 weeks. Our farm flooded a wee bit because its been rainning heaps. We have a blue day on May 28th and I hope I wear the most blue so I my photo gets taken and put on the blog and then on the newsletter.
Love from Alex Parks

Anonymous said...

Kia Ora Mrs Wright
What a long walk you are on! How many days are you on the trail and how many kms will you eventually cover? Poor feet - Did you pack a foot spa?!
We thought you were very clever speaking to the stork in Spanish!! Perhaps you could teach some Maori!!
Keep up the wonderful postcards. They are so interesting to read and it is lovely to hear from you.
Mrs Cormack is great and has slotted into Outram School as if she has always been there.
Safe travels and take care. Hello to Mr Wright.
Love Mika and Su