Monday, May 11, 2009

Hola Room 9

Hello dear friends we are now in Spain. I have a new postcard for you but I can´t find anywhere to post it! We had a great time in Paris. The best thing for me was hiring bicycles and biking through the Paris woods - beautiful in Spring!! And believe it or not I ate a snail! Mr Wright ordered them for dinner and I ate one. What did it taste like you are wondering. Probably like a little piece of steak. I swallowed it very quickly.

Yesterday we hopped on the TGV ( the very very fast train - go on line to find out about it) and then got on a little mountain train to climb up to St Jean Pied de Port. Today we climbed over the Pyrennes into Spain and at the moment every muscle in my legs is aching. As we crossed the rain fell, the wind buffeted us without mercy and there was snow on the mountains. It took 7 hours and we only walked 25km so you can imagine how steep it was! I have never done such a hard tramp. Tonight we are sleeping in an ancient hall with welcome swallows flying in and out. All the people on the tramp share the same building. There is room for about 125 people on the bunk beds. I will let you know later what the snoring sounded like!
While walking today I saw eagles flying way up above me. I also saw a worm that measured two of my shoes and there were huge black snails but the shells were tiny so they looked like great big black slugs. They were about the size of my hand!!
Tomorrow we only have 25km to walk and it doesn´t look so steep. I hope my legs will work.
Much love Mrs Wright xxxx

9 comments:

Alex Parks said...

Hi Mrs Wright. Wow you are amazing walking that far over mountains - no wonder you have sore legs. We miss you but are pleased to hear you are enjoying yourself. It was really cool you saw an eagle. Mrs Cormack is nice and we work hard for her. Love Alex Parks

All about us said...

Dear Alex
Great to hear from you. I just loved seeing the eagles gliding way above us. We also saw sheep on that long climb and they had bells around their necks like the cows in Switzerland. Today we have done another very very long walk and I am exhausted. Are you practicing your recorder? I taught a little girl in Switzerland how to play ¨Here´s a little tune to play.¨ Much too easy for you!
Take care Alex
Love from Mrs Wright

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs Wright,

We are missing you very much but we are very happy to know that you are having such a wonderful time. We are training for our cross country, but we are glad it is not as far to run as you have had to walk! We cannot believe that you ate a snail!! We are being very good children for Mrs Cormack and she loves being in Room 9.

Take Care

Love from Room 9 who are still shining!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs wright We are missing you.We are taking care of Mrs cormack.Mrs wright we are shining.

Mrs Wright said...

Dear Room 9
Work hard at the cross country training. Being fit and prepared for the event is so important. I hope the day is not too hot or wet or cold or windy!

Mrs Wright said...

Dear Room 9
Thank you for looking after Mrs Cormack. I knew you would love her.
Keep shining my friends.

Anonymous said...

We miss you so much mrs Wright.We are being good for mrs Cormack.Take care love from Brianna.

Mrs Wright said...

Dear Brianna
I knew that you would look after Mrs Cormack. Thank you! On our walking track I have been noticing fields with long furrows covered with black plastic. I thought that perhaps strawberries were going to be planted there. I now know that there is asparagus underneath it. If you live in Spain you eat white asparagus. Can you find out for me why asparagus will be white if you grow it under black plastic?
Love from Mrs Wright

Brianna McAdam said...

Mrs Wright,

Its Brianna - today we had our cross country and I had fun and got muddy. My Dad, Sister and Nana came to watch me.

I found out why asparagus turns white when grown under black plastic. Because it gets no sunlight directly on it - it doesn't turn nice and green.

Miss you so much - hope you having a nice time.


Love Brianna